- Tenant Survival Manual (Federation of Metro Tenants Association)
- Tenant guide - Toronto Community Housing
Landlord and Tenant Board
Call and speak to one of our customer service officers, Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Customer service officers can provide you with information about the Residential Tenancies Act and the LTB’s processes but they cannot provide legal advice.
Contact the LTB
Toll free: 1-888-332-3234
Toronto area: 416-645-8080
TTY: Call the Bell Relay Service at 1-800-855-0511
Housing help centres
- The Housing Help Centres listed are non-profit agencies that help people find and keep housing and avoid eviction. Housing help services are available in most shelters and many drop-ins as well. Use this link to find a housing help centre near you.
Flemingdon community legal services
- FCLS may provide legal representation in in certain areas of landlord and tenant law, please refer to their website to find out more.
East Toronto Community Legal Services
They can provide legal advice and representation in the following areas of law:
- Ontario Works/Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
- Employment Insurance and Employment Law
- Canada Pension
- Criminal Injuries Compensation - Advice only
- Family Violence
- Consumer Law
- Small Claims Court matters - Advice only
- Chinese speaking Clinic - Tuesday Afternoons
- Certified True Copies and Affidavits in limited areas of law